pur logo

pur logo

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Me Just Being Me, Hate It Or Love It (Chris B)


I was approached by E the CEO to work with PUR Entertainment. She said she enjoys my thoughts on different subjects and likes the way I express myself. I said thank you and jumped at the opportunity, but I think she has no idea. Given the forum I am going to be sure to give you pure, raw, unadulterated truth. If you can't handle it I suggest you go to a safer blog that will not hurt your feelings.

I was born and raised in Norfolk, Va, but I have resided in Bmore for the last 6 years. The DMV has always been home, besides the year I spent in the Chi. I've always been a fan of Hip Hop. R&B was my first love but i was introduced to hip hop through my friend London. Summer of 1994 he had the Warren G "Regulate" cassette and my favorite song blasted through his tape player, "This DJ".




I became engrossed in hip hop. From "I Used to Love H.E.R" to "Party and Bullshit", it was on for me. I've always been entranced by lyricism and had low tolerance for gimmicks. I believe hip hop is an art form and a lifestyle, not just a musical genre. I love Wu-Tang and the ones that haven't sold out to make a little money, but on the flipside I can rock in the club to a Gucci song.


"Guaranteed to make em jump like Rod Strickland"



I'm a big fan of Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, Nas, Jay-Z, T.I, Ice Cube, Little Brother, Kanye West, Consequence, Common, should i keep going? Just know i'll listen to almost anything, but if its bullsh*t I will let you know.


"Ching-a-ling, ching-a-ling is a hit it boooooy" Example of Pure Bull



So from the tops of the charts to VA, to DC, to the corners of Baltimore and Pennsylvania Ave, i'm listening. So artist come with the real shit.


"Only astronauts are brave enough of visiting me"


Come with your experiences in life as well as those around you. Let me hear your lyrics come alive, and if i'm in the club let me see the pretty girls dance. But please do not do the Stanky Leg or G5 if you been out of high school for 22 years. This is just my opinion. You should be two steppin to everything before you break a hip. So thank you for reading this and coming to my blog, and rocking with me and PUR Entertainment. And if you have an opinion be sure to let me hear it, not saying i'll give a f*ck, but its always welcome!
Signin out, Chris B.


http://www.facebook.com/cabeatty84

http://twitter.com/#!/konhead81

No comments:

Post a Comment